On the County Council, Jen provides the leadership necessary to improve our quality of life.
- Provided the necessary resources to the Howard County Public School System to be the top performing school system in the state of Maryland.
- Fought and got the necessary funding for renovation and additions at 16 county schools; including Hammond Elementary, Hammond Middle, Hammond High School and Bollman Bridge Elementary.
- Fought to ensure that Howard Community College is affordable and accessible to all residents.
- Ensured that our public library is one of the top rated systems in the nation.
- Worked to enhance our quality of life while maintaining a fiscally responsible and balanced County budget.
- Maintained the county's Triple A bond rating for outstanding financial management.
PARKS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Worked to bring the new blue bin recycling program, hybrid County vehicles and buses, and green building incentives to our community.
- Lead the council on securing the funding to complete the North Laurel Park and Community Center.
- Lead the council on adding 100 more police officers, firefighters, and EMT workers.
- Worked to implement an innovative program to reduce ambulance and fire response times.